Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's not cheating, Lizzy - really





A colleague at work brought in his mid 60s BMW with a sidecar and I couldn't resist the temptation to go for a ride. I mean, its a sidecar! Freaking awesome. It was slightly terrifying being that low to the ground, going at a good clip. I can't believe people race these things.

What was really awesome is just how much bystanders light up when they see the thing. It must be cool to own something that makes people happy just by being...

Anyway I got to drive the beast. It needs serious manhandling to make turns. But I have to admit it is nice that there is no way to dump the thing.


The problem is that when I tried to ride Lizzy soon after this fun excursion - she totally misbehaved! I was trying to go fast ~50mph and she lost power suddenly and then could only maintain 35mph or so on the way home --- she kept hesitating (kind of like choking). I was kind of freaked and a little bummed.

I am thinking something is funk with the spark advance mechanism since this only happens at high RPM but I dunno. I have one other idea to check.

The season is coming to an end, and I really don't want to go out on a bad note. I don't know who told her about the BMW, but they need to remember ...

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

No comments:

Post a Comment